A Unique Event Promoting Family Medicine Research
Congratulations! 2023 Winning Oral Presentations & Posters
Detailed Research Day Presentation Schedule (2023)
Poster Presentation Directory (with numbers) (2023)
Resident Impact Grant Posters (2023)
Includes: Tips for Researchers on building your best abstract
RESEARCH DAY OBJECTIVES
- To foster research activities among family physicians, residents, and medical students
- To encourage practice-based research and quality improvement projects
- To foster the development of research and presentation skills
- To provide a forum in which physicians, residents, and medical students can present their research projects
RESEARCH DAY PROJECT CATEGORIES
- Case Study
- Quality Improvement Project
- Research Design
- Community/Public Health Project
RESEARCH DAY AWARDS / ORAL PRESENTATION AWARDS
- Best Student Project ($300)
- Best Resident Project ($300)
- Best Physician/Faculty/Fellow Project ($300)
- Mark A. Connelly, MD, Award for Best Overall Research Project ($300)
- Best in each category, ribbons awarded
ABOUT RESEARCH DAY
Research Day began in 1989 and has grown to become a key place for students, residents, and family physicians to present their research to a supportive audience of their peers, demonstrating the value of research to family medicine throughout one’s career.
The Mark Connelley, MD Award for Best Research Project honors the memory of PAFP member and past Research Day participant, Mark Connelley, MD (Williamsport) who was killed while serving in the Persian Gulf War.
Research Day is a featured track in the PAFP's Spring FM Essentials Summit bringing a larger, broader audience of more than 200 physicians to participate in the research presentations, the poster presentations, and the awards reception.
Mark your calendars now for 2024's Research Day - April 6 at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center.
The PAFP may take photographs and/or record audio and video at this event. By attending, you consent to the use of photographs, audio, and video recording of you by the PAFP and its designees in PAFP communications and promotions, or for any other lawful purpose.