1. Review the Course Information
Title: Innovations in GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Therapy: Patient-Centered PS Strategies to Overcome Barriers and Reduce Cardiometabolic Risk in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Origin: Hershey CME Conference
Presenter: Richard E. Pratley, MD
- Explain geographic trends in access to endocrinologists and define the critical role of PCPs in the management of T2DM;
- Compare the underlying pathophysiological mechanisms and pharmacokinetic/ pharmacodynamic profiles for currently available and emerging GLP-1 RA agents;
- Evaluate updated guideline recommendations and the clinical trial data on the efficacy and safety of specific GLP-1 RAs, in addition to recent CVOT, patient satisfaction, and adherence data;
- Identify common provider and patient-related barriers so that GLP-1 RAs can be introduced to more effectively control glucose, improve cardiometabolic risk factors, and increase patient satisfaction and adherence;
- Describe the optimal use of GLP-1 RAs in the context of practice-based clinical scenarios.
Faculty Disclosure Statement: The speaker receives consulting fees from Astra Zeneca; GlaxoSmithKline; Glytec, LLC; Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Lilly; Merck; Mundipharma; Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals; Pfizer; Sanofi US. The speaker is part of the speakers bureau for Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals. The speaker also has conducted contractual research for Lexicon Pharmaceuticals; Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Lilly; Merck; Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals; Sanofi US.The speaker has attested that their presentation will be free of all commercial bias toward a specific company and its products. The speaker indicated that the content of the presentation will not include discussion of unapproved or investigational uses of products or devices. This CME webcast is provided by Integrity Continuing Education, Inc. and supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals.
CME Credits: 1.0 credits
Handouts: download here
Patient Safety (y/n): Yes
IMPORTANT: You Must Register to Receive CME Credits. Once you have completed the registration form and hit 'submit' you will automatically be re-directed back to this page and you can proceed to STEP 3
3. Watch the Video
4. Take the Post -Test
This Enduring Material activity, Hershey CME Conference CME, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 4/17/20. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This enduring material, Innovations in GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Therapy: Patient-Centered PS Strategies to Overcome Barriers and Reduce Cardiometabolic Risk in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.0 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificate Explanation
You must complete the post-test as proof of participation in order to receive your CME certificate. After completion of the post-test, you will be directed to a webpage where you can download your CME certificate.
This CME webcast is provided by Integrity Continuing Education, Inc. and supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals.