A Unique Event Promoting Family Medicine Research
Saturday, March 9, 2019
PAFP Live CME Conference
Wyndham Gettysburg, Gettysburg, PA
Submit your Abstract Online Today!
Read: Tips for Researchers on building your best abstract
Researchers: Research Day Presenter Guidelines
Deadline for abstracts: Friday, January 18, 2019
Please join us in congratulating our 2018 Research Day Award Winners!
RESEARCH DAY OBJECTIVES
- To foster research activities among family physicians, residents, and medical students
- To encourage practice-based research and quality improvement projects
- To foster the development of research and presentation skills
- To provide a forum in which physicians, residents, and medical students can present their research projects
RESEARCH DAY PROJECT CATEGORIES
- Case Study
- Quality Improvement Project
- Research Design
- Community/Public Health Project
RESEARCH DAY AWARDS / ORAL PRESENTATION AWARDS
- Best Student Project ($300)
- Best Resident Project ($300)
- Best Physician/Faculty/Fellow Project ($300)
- Marc A. Connelly, MD, Award for Best Overall Research Project ($300)
- Best in each category, ribbons awarded
ABOUT RESEARCH DAY
Research Day began in 1989 and has grown to become a key place for students, residents, and family physicians to present their research to a supportive audience of their peers, demonstrating the value of research to family medicine throughout one’s carreer.
The Marc Connelley, MD Award for Best Research Project honors the memory of PAFP member and past Research Day participant, Marc Connelley, MD (Williamsport) who was killed while serving in the Persian Gulf War.
Research Day is a featured track in the PAFP's March Live CME Conference, bringing a larger, broader audience of more than 200 physicians to participate in the research presentations, the poster presentations, and the awards reception.