2016 Family Physician of the Year
Nominate your favorite doctor for the highest honor!
A family physician is the person you go to when you're not feeling well, when you have questions about your health, when you need everything from vaccinations to prescriptions. There are thousands of excellent family physicians in Pennsylvania, and we want to hear why you think your family doctor is the best of all!
Does your family physician make house calls? Does she let you call her any time with questions and concerns? Maybe he takes care of multiple generations of your family.
Perhaps you work for a family physician. Does he go out of his way to treat his patients with kindness and respect? Does she often get to work early or stay late to ensure each patient gets the attention they deserve?
Tell us why your favorite family physician deserves to be the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians' (PAFP) 2016 Family Physician of the Year!
Anyone can nominate their family physician for the 2016 Family Physician of the Year award by filling out the form below, but the family physician nominee must be a member of the PAFP. All nominations for the 2016 Family Physician of the Year award will be reviewed by the PAFP Nominations Committee. All nominations must have complete information according to the nomination form (below); any incomplete nomination will be disqualified by the PAFP Nominations Committee.
Click the button below to go to the nomination form! You may nominate a family physician on your own, but we encourage you to run a campaign in your physician's office or hospital, or among friends and family, with a good mix of colleague and patient input. Be as thorough as you can - the more information you give us, the easier our decision will be!
The nomination deadline is Jan. 15, 2016.
- York County doctor is top in the state! (Feb. 22, 2016)
- Who is the best doctor in Pennsylvania? (Sept. 29, 2015)
- Mechanicsburg doctor is top in the state! (March 13, 2015)
- Statewide Search: Pa.'s Best Doctor (Nov. 6, 2014)
- Erie Doctor Named Top in the State! (March 4, 2014)
- Statewide Search: Pa.'s Best Doctor (Oct. 3, 2013)
- Reading Doctor Named Top in the State! (May 13, 2013)
- Wanted: Pennsylvania's Best Doctor (Feb. 14, 2013)
- York Doctor Named Top in the State! (May 10, 2012)
- Wellsboro Doctor Named PAFP's 'Family Physician of the Year' (May 24, 2011)
- Erie Doctor Named Top Doc in Pennsylvania March 4, 2014
YourErie (Erie, Pa.)
The Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians has named Erie's Craig Johnston, DO its 2014 Family Physician of the Year.
- Career of caring Aug. 5, 2013
News Item (Shamokin, Pa.)
The News Item interviews Elizabeth Edmunds, MD, the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians' 2013 "Family Physician of the Year," discussing her life, her career, and her passion for her patients.
- Dr. Elizabeth Edmunds is named the state's Family Physician of the Year May 27, 2013
Reading Eagle (Reading, Pa.)
The Reading Eagle interviews and profiles Dr. Elizabeth Edmunds, the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians' 2013 "Family Physician of the Year."
- Business briefs for May 20 May 20, 2012
The Evening Sun (Hanover, Pa.)
The Evening Sun mentions Dr. Robert Fawcett of York Hospital, winner of the PAFP's 2012 "Family Physician of the Year," in its recurring "Business briefs" column.
- Our take: White roses and thorns May 18, 2012
York Daily Record (York, Pa.)
The York Daily Record, in its recurring "White roses and thorns" column, honors Dr. Robert Fawcett of York Hospital for winning the PAFP's 2012 "Family Physician of the Year" award.
- York Hospital doctor receives top family physician award May 11, 2012
York Daily Record (York, Pa.)
The PAFP chooses a York physician - Dr. Robert Fawcett of York Hospital - for its 2012 "Family Physician of the Year" award.
Please note: Some of the coverage items listed above are no longer available on the web. Hard copies of these pieces are stored at the PAFP's offices, 2704 Commerce Drive, Harrisburg.